Thursday, February 5, 2009

The Story of the Negro Leagues of Golf

If any of you remember the Negro golf associations that existed, this documentary should bring back some reminders. My own mother, Lillie Levison was the national women's golf champion back in the day...
Pete,


I will be copying all my friends plus the 100 Black Men Of America, The National Black MBA Association, The Black Hoteliers, Engineers, Physicians, Accountants, Athletes and more. This program which I already had the privilege to view needs to be seen by Every person of Color and everyone else. When Tiger confessed without these guys he would never had played golf it summed it up for me. Your book has finally come to life and I am asking everyone I know to tell all their friends to stay home Wednesday February 11, 9PM EST to view on the Golf Channel an incredible story. Samuel Jackson is a great host.

Renny Roker CEO/Founder

Teens On The Green Foundation

Teens On The Green World Championship Series

My documentary "UNEVEN FAIRWAYS-The Story of the Negro Leagues of Golf" premieres on the Golf Channel on Wednesday, February 11th at 9:00PM ET. It is hosted by Samuel L Jackson.





This documentary is close to my heart, and I am very proud of it. It took 6 years to get someone to make it, and it will be interesting to golfers and non-golfers alike. It is a story of segregation, American History, and the triumphs of the human spirit. The story is told through the personal stories of the men and women who had a passion for the game, yet were denied their rightful place on the PGA Tour. Instead, they formed their own tours.



I have attached some posters for you to get a feel for what you will see.



Please watch....I would greatly appreciate it. And if you think your friends would be interested, please pass along the info.



In NYC, on Time Warner it is on Channel 121.



All the best,

No comments:

Latest Fashion Trends

E- Mail Stories, Issues, and Events ..To..

African American Cinema(Purchase Now!)

Loading...

Pageviews past week