Thursday, January 17, 2008

Anonymous Responds...

Define "Good". Because a man is courteous, expresses his feelings, and provides for his family and does not assault his woman does not make him good. Don't take offense, but I expect these things, and therefore that doesn't make a brothers' cream rise to the top for me.

I cook, I clean, I'm educated, employed, spend quality time with my child, attend church, extend my help and good fortune to all that I come in contact with, but I have an opinion and I'm not afraid to express it. And somehow that makes me negative or disgruntled or somehow less than a desireable woman. We are a race that is doomed to forever lack the "common" sense that is needed to succeed. We don't have to agree on everything, but we need to agree to disagree, respect one another for both are similarities as well as our differences and move past this nonsense.
-No man (woman) ever has, nor ever will escape the consequenses of his choices.- Alfred Montapert

3 comments:

Stephen said...

You said: "Define "Good". Because a man is courteous, expresses his feelings, and provides for his family and does not assault his woman does not make him good."

Unless that man has some other traits you are not mentioning, he's displaying behavior most people attribute with being "good". But then again, most men treat Sisters like crap and get treated like kings.

Stephen

Josiah said...

"Because a man is courteous, expresses his feelings, and provides for his family and does not assault his woman does not make him good."

WOW! This is further proof of what I've been saying; if you treat a woman as she described above, she still wouldn't consider you a good man! Maybe she should define what a good man is. It's so clear that they really have no idea what a good man is or how to treat him. You could spend 10 years trying to show her that you're a good man .... and she would be unconvinced. We HAVE TO find women who appreciate what we have to offer and appreciate our qualities."

Josiah

Josiah said...

"I cook, I clean, I'm educated, employed, spend quality time with my child, attend church, extend my help and good fortune to all that I come in contact with, but I have an opinion and I'm not afraid to express it. And somehow that makes me negative or disgruntled or somehow less than a desireable woman."

I don't know her but I would bet she has a "know it all" attitude. There are Sistas out there who cook, clean, and go to church, but they still have to have the last word on everything. As she says in her Email, she is not willing to give that up - even though she (backhandly) acknowledges that makes her "a less than desireable woman." Fellas, we're in a no-win situation with Sistas - and she hits it right on the head ... no matter how well you treat her you're still not a good man until they tell you so. Getting their point across is more important than peace in a relationship! You guys can help yourself if you want, but I'm seeking greener pastures!

Josiah

Latest Fashion Trends

E- Mail Stories, Issues, and Events ..To..

African American Cinema(Purchase Now!)

Loading...

Pageviews past week