Monday, December 17, 2007

Stephen....

Patrice,

Wow. Good question! I wasn't expecting that one. The answer to your question is yes. I've had many great experiences with Sisters. I've dated all types of Sisters from different backgrounds. I've dated Sisters at entry level positions, and I've dated Professional Sisters. (MDs included). I have many great memories to cherish.
During my whole adult life, I hung onto the words that my Mother taught me when I was growing up. She told me to "Always treat a woman with respect, love them, and be kind to women." That has been my attitude for the majority of my life, and then I realized that this mindset was costing me dearly. It was costing me in terms of being in situations filled with drama, grief, and being blamed for things that I didn't do. I have always felt that Black women were the most beautiful women on earth. However, Black women's attitudes/opinions can be as ugly as their appearance is beautiful.
So we as decent Blackmen are faced with a terrible dilemma. What does a Blackman raised with traditonal values do when too many Blackwomen don't appreciate those qualities? Do we keep getting overlooked for the "no good" guy and "thug"? How long do we wait for Sisters to finally actually choose what they tell you all along they want? 2 years? 5? 10? The majority of Sisters say they want a good man, but consistantly choose anything but that good man. I've gotten numerous calls this year from several Sisters that I used to date that want to "try it again". This usually means that they have gotten pregnant or abused in some way by the Thug/Loser/Married guy, and now they have awakened from their "Badboy" fantasy, and want me. Sorry, but I don't do charity work. Once you turn the Sister down, then of course you hear the Sister mantra of "There ain't no good Blackmen out here at all!"
I'm tired of having to fight Black women in attempts to treat them with love, class, dignity, and respect. All I want now is peace, I also want a family. Josiah just got from the Philipines, and I'm planning a trip to Brazil. We both have nothing to lose, and everything to gain.

Stephen

No comments:

Latest Fashion Trends

E- Mail Stories, Issues, and Events ..To..

African American Cinema(Purchase Now!)

Loading...

Pageviews past week