Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Meet Jada, My Great Niece

Jada is my great niece. While visiting her on Sunday ,she asked if I like children? I said of course, why? She then asked, why I never had children? I explained to her that I had never married and therefore; that just wasn't a wise choice for ME. God never intended for any mother to have to raise a child alone, but unfortunately, that has become the norm. What's odd is that her perception is her reality, and that at her school a vast majority of the children there, are from single family homes. Clearly, there are some things that we need to let go, but there are things we need to hold on to with everything in us. Recall the values/lessons that your Fathers, Mothers, Grandmothers, Neighbors, Aunts, & Uncles passed down and begin telling your Nieces, Nephews, Cousins,& their friends ,so that this society will never again-- define our children.

Cheech...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Given the option, I would choose to have children. With or without a husband, if God is willing to allow me to have children, then it was in his plan for me.

I love children and I LOVE God!

Cheech said...

I think we need to be very careful when we justify our actions for self gratification. We can no longer afford to have children out of wedlock. It’s difficult with two parents - let alone one. I love the Lord also, and sure God understands our sin sick souls. He clearly says if you can not abstain from sex, then wed. We have taken our deviate behavior and somehow found ways to justify our actions. Truly we are living in different and very difficult times, but God’s words never change. That was my point; we have become desensitize to the madness..

Latest Fashion Trends

E- Mail Stories, Issues, and Events ..To..

African American Cinema(Purchase Now!)

Loading...

Pageviews past week