Sunday, May 13, 2007

Y-ME NATIONAL BREAST CANCER WALK



This past Sunday, I participated in the Y-Me National Breast Cancer walk. My family and I lost my older sister to breast cancer in 1999. While at her home with all three sisters one evening, Valarie shared with us that she had discovered a lump on her right breast. My family is not predisposed to breast cancer so this was clearly not expected. In addition to my sister being diagnosed with cancer, her daughter developed it as well. This weekend was dedicated to the loving memory of my sister, Valarie Ward- Cookbey. Please remember to get your annual mammogram screenings.

Cheech..........

No comments:

Latest Fashion Trends

E- Mail Stories, Issues, and Events ..To..

African American Cinema(Purchase Now!)

Loading...

Pageviews past week